Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Make your home’s air safer and healthier.
The quality of the air in your home can have a profound effect on your health. The air pollution inside your home is often twice or even 5 times that of the air outside. Your ductwork and HVAC equipment could be not only hosting, but also spreading things like bacteria, viruses, mold, bugs, and dander from pets. But don’t worry, the air comfort professionals at Barrett Heating & Cooling, Inc. have the solutions to make the air circulating through your home safer and healthier. Contact us today at (618) 465-3731 to schedule an appointment to discuss the options that will best fit you and your family.
Our IAQ Solutions:
- Dehumidifiers – Proper humidity in a room helps with the overall feeling of comfort. In a space with high humidity, the air conditioning system must not only reduce the humidity level but also cool the temperature of the air. When the air conditioner is unable to sufficiently lower humidity, the room will be cool but may feel damp and not as comfortable.
- Duct Cleaning – Having ductwork properly cleaned every 5 to 10 years can help reduce things like dirt, mold, insects, and other things that can thrive in the duct system. This can significantly increase the quality of the air circulating in your home.
- High-Efficiency Filters – There are many filter options available. Highly efficient disposable filters, as well as permanent electronic filters, can make a huge difference in the quality of the air in your home.
- Humidifiers – When the humidity levels in your home are maintained properly, your home will feel more comfortable. An overly dry home can lead to dry eyes, nose, and throat. Proper humidity will also prolong the life of furniture and wood floors.
- Air Scrubber – Air Scrubbers are installed inside the ductwork and are extremely effective at rapidly killing molds and bacteria.